6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Students without lunch money will be allowed to charge a lunch, and repayment is expected within two (2) school days
- When a student’s balance reaches negative ten dollars (-$10.00) or below, the student will receive a lunch consisting of a cheese sandwich, fruit, and milk. This will be in place of a full hot lunch. You will be charged full price for this lunch, and the charge will be added to your negative balance. You can avoid this by arranging a payment plan with Aramark
- The Food Service Vendor and building principal will be made aware of any negative lunch balances below -$10.00
- Parents are expected to pay the balances in full by the end of the school year; NO balances will be carried forward to next year
- Please submit a free/reduced lunch application if necessary. It is also recommended that www.myschoolbucks.com be utilized to make payments and/or keep track of your child’s balance
The Rhode Island Board of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Education are thrilled to launch Rhode Island’s PK-12 strategic planning process, which will result in a statewide vision for education through 2020. The Rhode Island Council on Elementary and Secondary Education wants your input to direct our state's Strategic Plan for Education for the next five years. Click on the link below to take part in the survey.
Don’t forget that students must be wearing socks and sneakers in order to participate in PE.
The lost & found has already begun to accumulate many items! Please use a permanent marker to write your child’s name on the tags of their outerwear.
When you have to make a dismissal change, it is important to complete the gold forms provided to you. This process ensures that the teacher and the front office are aware of the change. Please contact Mrs. Pasetti in the front office when you need more forms. She can be reached at 348-2326.
Welcome to Dunn's Corners Elementary School
News and Announcements
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures...Safety and Security is our number one priority!!
Arrival by Car: Parents are asked to drive their child to the front entrance of the school. Children should exit the car from the right side and walk directly into the school. If parents are planning on coming into the building, please plan to park in the designated Visitor Parking areas.
Dismissal and Parent Pick-Up: Adults picking children up after school are asked to wait in one of the two lines that forms within the school parking lot. Adults will be asked to present identification and sign students out. Dunn's Corners School offers a "building to car" service to insure a safe and secure dismissal procedure. Please note** If there is to be a change in the adult authorized to pick a child up from school, parents must complete a Change of Dismissal form and send it to school with the child. No verbal/phone changes to the pick up procedure will be honored.
Friday, September 26th was the day our students and their teachers walked the grounds of Dunn's Corners School in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness month and to support one of our own kindergarten students....Way to go "Team Jesse"!!
“FLESS:” a Spanish language learning program that will be provided for all elementary students in Westerly Public Schools during this school year. Foreign Language Early Start Spanish (FLESS), by definition, is a proficiency-based sequential language learning program which aims to provide students with introductory linguistic and cultural competency in Spanish. Leaders in our district have chosen this model for early language learning in light of the fact that it is strongly supported by an overwhelming amount of research in the field of education and has been adopted and implemented successfully by many other school districts, locally and throughout our country. This year, students will participate in the program for 40 minutes once every other week for the duration of one semester. Those attending Springbrook and Dunn’s Corners will have FLESS during the first semester and students at Bradford and State Street will have it the second semester.
- Open Doors at DCS 10/1 from 6-7:00 p.m.: Here's your opportunity to take a peek at your child's classroom and to hear an overview of components of our curriculum. Get a chance to meet our specialists...Ms. Riley (Art), Mrs.Wagner and Mr.B (Music), Mrs. Blier (SNT), and Mr. Serra (PE).
We will close achievement gaps in special education, increase proficiency levels for all students, and bring greater numbers of students to the achievement category: proficient with distinction.
Mission of Westerly Public Schools:
To create an inspiring, challenging and supportive environment where students are encouraged and assisted in reaching their highest potential.