Mark your calendar! Fall Picture Day will be on Friday, October 2, 2015.
Look for more information on your child's Picture Day Flyer/Order Form
or visit mylifetouch.com to place your order. The job # needed is
PC415331Q1. For Customer Support, please call 401-828-5220.
Due to the needs of our 4th grade families, each student may now have 4 guests in the gymnasium. Additional guests are invited to the library, where the ceremony will be streaming live.
If you are transferring to Dunn's Corners school, Mrs. Butler will schedule a school tour and answer any questions you may have. If you haven't registered your child yet, please remember to call (401) 315-1570 to set up an appointment at Central Registration.
If you are transferring OUT of Dunn's Corners school, we will prepare your child's records to be sent to his or her new school (once registered).
Keep a journal
Enjoy a SAFE & SMART summer!
REMINDER: It is important to note that Field Day & Fun Day are full school days. Dismissal of students will take place at the regularly scheduled time. Children need to wear comfortable, short sleeve t-shirts (no tank tops, bathing suits, etc.) along with sneakers and socks. Please make sure your child wears sunscreen. We ask that guests please bring their own lawn chairs or a blanket to sit on.
- Students without lunch money will be allowed to charge a lunch, and repayment is expected within two (2) school days
- When a student’s balance reaches negative ten dollars (-$10.00) or below, the student will receive a lunch consisting of a cheese sandwich, fruit, and milk. This will be in place of a full hot lunch. You will be charged full price for this lunch, and the charge will be added to your negative balance. You can avoid this by arranging a payment plan with Aramark
- The Food Service Vendor and building principal will be made aware of any negative lunch balances below -$10.00
- Parents are expected to pay the balances in full by the end of the school year; NO balances will be carried forward to next year
- Please submit a free/reduced lunch application if necessary. It is also recommended that www.myschoolbucks.com be utilized to make payments and/or keep track of your child’s balance
The Rhode Island Board of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Education are thrilled to launch Rhode Island’s PK-12 strategic planning process, which will result in a statewide vision for education through 2020. The Rhode Island Council on Elementary and Secondary Education wants your input to direct our state's Strategic Plan for Education for the next five years. Click on the link below to take part in the survey.
Don’t forget that students must be wearing socks and sneakers in order to participate in PE.
The lost & found has already begun to accumulate many items! Please use a permanent marker to write your child’s name on the tags of their outerwear.
When you have to make a dismissal change, it is important to complete the gold forms provided to you. This process ensures that the teacher and the front office are aware of the change. Please contact Mrs. Pasetti in the front office when you need more forms. She can be reached at 348-2326.
We will close achievement gaps in special education, increase proficiency levels for all students, and bring greater numbers of students to the achievement category: proficient with distinction.
Mission of Westerly Public Schools:
To create an inspiring, challenging and supportive environment where students are encouraged and assisted in reaching their highest potential.